Admissions and Fees
Waverley School in Wokingham, ranked 22nd in the UK, provides a first-class education for boys and girls from Nursery through to Year 6. Waverley School is ranked number no 22 in the UK and is also the 'Best in Berkshire' as it has been ranked in the Times Top 100 Prep Schools consistently for the past nine years based on our academic results (SATS results for Year 6 pupils). Our rankings are based on academic results of our Year 6 cohort.
Our school is a modern school which is a combination of traditional and modern teaching method. We are proud to maintain Waverley as a single-form entry school with small class sizes (a maximum of 21) and an excellent pupil-teacher ratio.
Waverley Nursery is dedicated to providing excellent care and education for children aged 3 months to 5 years in a happy, nurturing atmosphere in our beautiful Lodge situated within the school grounds.
Fees - Waverley Prep School
- Admissions Policy
- Waverley School Fees for academic year 2020-21. The attached fees are valid from January 2021.
Please note that the standard ('core') school day is 8.30am-3.30pm.
The Admissions Process
Due to the ever-changing Covid situation, our admissions process for School and Nursery is subject to change at short notice.
- During Covid we regret that we are unable to offer visits to our School or Nursery unless a place is offered. This is to ensure the safety of our staff and pupils. Please note that at the present time, no adults apart from staff are allowed entry during school hours.
- The Admissions process may be amended at the discretion of the Admissions Committee - particularly during Covid.
- All prospective parents for School and Nursery are now invited to register their interest first via our electronic Registration Form. Please contact our Admissions team on email@example.com to be sent this.
- Once we have received your Registration Form, depending on the year of entry and availability of places, prospective families will be invited for a personal virtual tour and/or a socially-distanced tour of our School or Nursery. As we are restricting visitors to our site, these are offered at the discretion of the Admissions Committee.
- Taster Day: Children are normally invited to attend a Taster Day at the School if we have a place available. During Covid, this might not always be possible.
- Acceptance of a School Place: To accept a place, you will be required to return our Acceptance Form along with a deposit of £1000. Due to the high demand for places, you are given a deadline by when the deposit and form are due back. A non-refundable administration fee of £75 is also due.
- Acceptance of a Nursery Place: To accept a place, you will be required to return our Acceptance Form along with a deposit of £250. Due to the high demand for places, you are given a deadline by when the deposit and form are due back. A non-refundable administration fee of £75 is also due.
The School Admissions Committee consists of Mr Blair Jenkins (Chair of Governors), Mr Guy Shore (Head), Mr Nigel Woolnough (Vice Chair of Governors) and Mrs Helen Jenkins (Head of Marketing, Admissions and Communication).
The Nursery Admissions Committee consists of Mr Blair Jenkins (Chair of Governors), Mr Guy Shore (Head), Mrs Lianne Costello (Nursery Head) and Mrs Helen Jenkins (Head of Marketing, Admissions and Communication).
Open Days and School Tours
We normally hold regular Open Days throughout the school year. During Covid, we have a number of alternative options available to view the school depending on the year of entry and places available. This includes personal virtual tours and socially-distanced tours - both of which need to take place after core school hours.
Please note that our planned Open Morning on 9th October 2020 is CANCELLED to maintain the safety of our pupils and staff.
To find out more, please contact Mrs Helen Jenkins. For more information about our Open Mornings, click here.
Early Risers Club, Breakfast Club and After School Club Fees
For Early Risers Club (7.30-8.00am) Fees and Information, please click here.
For Breakfast Club (8.00-8.30am) Fees and Information, please click here.
For After School Club Fees and Information, please click here.
Where there are two or more siblings attending the school at the same time a discretionary discount is applied to the older sibling's fees.. A discretionary discount may also be available for the older school pupil when the youngest sibling is attending the Nursery for a minimum of 40 hours per week. Please contact the school office for further information.
Scholarships and Bursaries
Occasionally the school may offer scholarships that are awarded based on merit. Existing Waverley families who require additional assistance with fees may apply for a means-tested bursary.Fees - Waverley Day Nursery
For Nursery 1 and 2 Fees and Information, please click here.
For Nursery 3 and Foundation Fees and Information, please click here.
For Ad hoc Session Fees for Nursery and Foundation, please click here.
For further admissions information or to visit Waverley, please contact
Head of Marketing, Admissions and Communication