Admissions Process for Waverley Prep School
- Ranked 'Best in Berkshire' as it has been ranked in the Times Top 100 Prep Schools consistently for the past eleven years. This is based on our academic results (SATS results) for Year 6 pupils.
- Out of over 20,000 schools, and 2,026 Prep Schools, Waverley is currently ranked 34th in the UK. (based on our Year 6 SATS results).
- Waverley is currently ranked top Prep and Primary School in the Reading and Wokingham area (based on our Year 6 SATS results).
- Waverley provides a first-class education for boys and girls from Nursery through to Year 6.
- Our school is a modern school with a combination of traditional and modern teaching methods.
- Waverley maintains single-form entry (only one class per year group).
- The school operates small class sizes with an average class size of 21 pupils, and an excellent pupil-teacher ratio.
- Every pupil at Waverley from Year 3 to 6 is now issued with their own personal Chromebook, funded by the School, for use at home and at school.
- Our School is a purpose-built primary school with a practical, functional, child-friendly layout. Most of our school is also on a ground-floor level for rapid emergency evacuations, access to playgrounds and easy outdoor access.
- Waverley is located at the end of a quiet residential area, with our own dedicated car park and one-way system.
- We are on the edge of the Berkshire countryside and enjoy large sports fields and a Forest School area.
To read more about our outstanding Prep School rankings, click here.
The Admissions Process
Our admissions process for School is as follows.
- All prospective parents for School and Nursery are first invited to register their interest via our electronic Registration Form. Please note that there is no charge to register your interest. Please contact our Admissions team on firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 0118 973 1121 or mob 07768 708743 to be sent this.
- Depending on the year of entry and availability of places, prospective families will then be invited for a personal 1-2-1 virtual (via WhatsApp, FaceTime or Zoom) or physical tour with our Head of Admissions.
- We no longer hold Open Mornings but prefer to invite parents for 1-2-1 tours. We find personal tours are much more productive and informative for prospective school parents.
- We would normally request the sight of the most recent school report for the prospective pupil and/or speak to the child's current school or Nursery.
- After a 1-2-1 tour with our Head of Admissions, parents and the prospective pupil are invited to have a meeting with our Head. Meeting our Head may take place as a virtual call depending on Covid restrictions and the location of the prospective family.
- Taster Day: Children are normally invited to attend a Taster Day at the School if we have a place available. During Covid, this might not always be possible.
Accepting a School Place Offer
- To accept a place, you will be required to return our Acceptance Form along with an Acceptance Fee ('deposit') of £1000. A non-refundable Administration Fee of £75 is also due.
- Due to the high demand for places, you are given a deadline by when the deposit and form are due back.
- The £1000 Acceptance Fee is refundable when children leave our Year 6 or provide us with the required notice (please see our Terms and Conditions here).
- The Acceptance Fee is not refundable should a child fail to take up their school place.
The School Admissions Committee
The School Admissions Committee consists of Mr Blair Jenkins (Chair of Governors), Mr Guy Shore (Head), Mr Nigel Woolnough (Vice Chair of Governors) and Mrs Helen Jenkins (Head of Marketing, Admissions and Communication).
Please click here to view our current school fees.Waverley Day Nursery
For information about admissions and fees to our Nursery please click here. Please note that our Nursery and School admissions are separate processes and children at Waverley Nursery are not automatically allocated a place at Waverley Prep School.
Mrs Helen Jenkins, Head of Marketing, Admissions and Communication.
Tel: 0118 973 1121 or mob 07768 708743