Foundation - Rising 4 Yr Olds
Waverley Foundation offers excellent childcare for children moving up to their 4th year of age in a warm, welcoming and nurturing environment. We offer highly flexible childcare provision with a choice of drop-off and collection times. Care is available 7:30am - 6pm, either 51 weeks a year or just term-time only. The Nursery has a range of pick up and collections times to enable working and busy families to match their childcare needs to their family schedule.
Waverley Nursery is an educational Nursery providing not only childcare but educating the children through their Early Year’s development. Our goal is to ensure that Waverley children get the best possible start in life and can read, write and spell basic works before they “graduate” onto “Big School” at the age of 4. In addition, our 3- and 4-year olds are very gradually introduced to key events in the main Preparatory School next door in order to prepare then for their next step in their education. Our goal is to make the transition from Nursery to Prep or primary school as seamless as possible.
There are a wide range of additional activities that take place through the week – some of which such as woodland school, ‘Kickers’ and French are included free of charge and others such as Ballet and Speech & Drama are paid for extras.
Waverley has an on-site kitchen where all food is cooked fresh each day by our own chefs, including daily freshly baked bread, home-made salads and fruit bowls, and desserts and cakes. If your child is in our care for breakfast, lunch or tea then they will be provided a meal.
We offer a number of activities (some of which incur an extra charge): These include:
Monday - Ballet
Wednesday - Speech and Drama
Thursday – Waverley Kickers
Wednesday and Thursday – French
Monday – Thursday – Woodland School
Library sessions – children bring books home weekly
Fees and What's Included
Please click here to view our full Nursery 3 and Foundation Information Sheet regarding costs, charges and Government Funding.
Foundation Stage 1 provides a modern self contained environment where children are encouraged to explore and discover their world for themselves.
- We provide opportunities to engage with mathematical materials, small world play, ICT with an interactive whiteboard and programmable toy as well as magnets and magnifying glasses.
- The children can interact with open ended materials to develop their creative and critical thinking. We value and respect the children's theories and allow them the opportunity to test their ideas.
- There is also an enclosed garden where children can build constructively with natural materials, dig and plant as well as enjoy a range of wheeled toys. We see the indoor and outside areas as one learning environment and respect both places equally. We also visit the local woodland every week for a "forest school" experience.
We value the children as capable and competent learners and aim to provide a balance of adult led and child initiated experiences to introduce them to key learning opportunities based around the 7 areas of learning within the Early Years Foundation Stage. These include:
3 Prime Areas
- Communication and Language
- Physical Development
- Personal Social and Emotional Development
4 Specific Areas
- Understanding the World
- Expressive Arts and Design